Thursday, August 16, 2012

Something to put on a bread....

I've been growing tired of the honey or jam for the breads, and since I don't eat meat, had to come up with something different....
For this ah... "stuff" I found a recepie on the internet once, but I modified it.

So...What do you need? Take a look!

 Half an onion,
125g smoked Tofu
A tablespoon of tomato purée (better purrrrre lol)
A tablespoon soysauce,
A bit of Oil
Salt
Pepper
Mayoran
Knife
Pan
Mixer

I know, not small, I was lazy
 At first, you have to chop the onions and tofu as small as possible.
Then, fry the onions with a little bit of oil in the pan, add the tomato purrrre and the soysauce, and let it cook until the soysauce is gone. 

Looks rather awful, doesn't it?
 This is how it should look like. 
That "stuff" you put into the mixer, add the tofu and spices and make it the mixing time until it's all a nice brown mass in which nothing can be recognized anymore!

After, add a bit of oil to make it more smooth. 






This is how it should look like in the end:
Didn't had any better bread left >.<
 And oh yes, it tastes great! But pay attention with the salt, soysauce and the tofu is somewhat salty already, no need to add a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, I'm gonna show it to my vegetarian friends. You could also try pesto and olive paste, it's delicious.
    Are you vegan (so no cheese either)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive paste...hm...sounds good, have to give it a try!

      I do eat cheese, but somehow I'm not a fan of cheese on bread. I prefer it baked on vegetables.*^^*

      (I corrected the 250g to 125g by the way, somehow I got that wrong)

      Delete