So for today, there is another soup to be done. This time with eggplant, hm, eggplant.... and yes, even eggplants can be made into soup!
What you need:
1/2 l broth
about 200ml of cream
spices (pepper, salt, thyme)
a bit of old (white) bread
So, here is what you need to do, step by step:
1. Cut everything into small pieces. Shortly roast the eggplant, onion and carrot, then add the broth and let it cook.
3. When the soup has cooked long enough, you see it when the eggplant changes color, puree it until it's all smoth, then add the cream and spices, depending on your liking. Let it cook again for a while.
4. Cut the bread in pieces and roast it in a pan without oil - this will make croûtons. Pay attention that you don't burn it!
5. Add the zucchini and paprika pieces to the soup, let it cook for another short while.
6. Add the croûtons and serve it.
A local tip for those who like soup is the "Yoghurt bar" in Erlangen (Bavaria, Germany), which offer frozen yoghurts as well as up to 6 different, selfmade soups everyday.